Nikon Jones Beach Theater
Nikon Jones Beach Theater, located at Jones Beach State Park in Wantagh, NY is one of Long Island's greatest attractions.
The theater is a major arena in Nassau County on Long Island and has many shows from really popular artists during the summer months. The concert arena has 15,200 seats and is named after Nikon, the camera company.
Photo by R. Sullivan
It's always fun to go to a show and see your favorite artists performing songs you have listened to on the radio. And the arena is so close to the ocean - a great location for summer concerts.
All shows are rain or shine, so dress properly for the weather. And it can get chilly at times because it's near the ocean.
Some things to remember...
- This is a major venue, so all rules apply: no alcohol, smoking, pets, bags, or backpacks.
- You are allowed to bring a personal camera into the venue, however you cannot use any cameras with flash, video recorders, or removable lense cameras.
Buying tickets for Nikon Jones Beach...
You can buy concert tickets...
- At Jones Beach Theater directly. The box office sells tickets on the day of the show and is open from 12pm to 9pm.
- or at LiveNation.com. Live Nation is a partner company with Ticketmaster and uses them to process the tickets.
- You can order on the phone:
- For US Ticket Sales call (800) 745-3000
- Ticketmaster Express: (866) 448-7849 - the phone call is automated.
- For US Fan Support call (800) 653-8000 - for questions about tickets you already purchased.
If you would like to find a ticketmaster outlet in your area visit the ticketmaster search.
Photo by Tom C.
Upcoming performances:9/3 - Incubus
9/4 - Stevie Nicks
TBA - Christina Aguilera
As of today (August 2011), there are no other future concert dates. Stay posted for updates.
The Bay Stage
The Bay Stage is a new addition to Nikon Jones Beach. It is located near the main arena, but has more of outdoor summer concert feel. There is a 5000 seat capacity and the shows are general admission.
The bay stage is standing room only - there is no where to sit or lay on a blanket. There is a designated area for parents to wait for their kids.
The Bay Stage is geared for performers not ready for a major ampitheater, but too popular for a ballroom. It runs on days when the Nikon Jones Beach Theater doesn't and the ticket prices are cheaper. The Bay Stage is named after Zach's Bay in Wantagh, NY.
Just enter your start address into the box... If you have concert tickets, field 5 has free parking.
Nikon Jones Beach Theater
1000 Ocean Parkway
Wantagh, NY 11793
Find more Long Island Events
Are you interested in other beaches on Long Island or more Long Island Attractions? Long Island has plenty of more fun things to do!
Return from Nikon Jones Beach to Long Island Events
Return from Nikon Jones Beach to Homepage